This soft and chunky cap is great, it has a real “Gavroche” feel to it. It’s available in one size only because with minimum adjustments it really fits all heads. It is knitted in the round from the top down with just the one seam to sew brim closed at the end.
The other amazing thing with this cap, given you use a very soft yarn, is that it can be turned into an Ivy cap in just one second. This however requires an extra row of hand stitching ;)
- This was knitted using Lang's "Tierra" 80% Alpaca, 20% Silk (50g/44m) (1.76oz/48yds), but you may use any yarn that matches the gauge
- Once you get the right gauge, count approximately 60m 66yds of yarn or 2 skeins
- Stitch markers
- Hard plastic for brim
- 11s and 16r for a 10cm x 10cm (4" x 4") square in Stockinette stitch with 8.0mm n (US11)
- 10.0mm (US15) crochet hook
- 8mm (US11) double pointed needles
- 60cm (24") 8.0mm (US11) circular needle.
- One size only. Fits a head size between 52cm and 58cm (20.5" to 23")